FAQ on Electric Bike Rentals
- What Conditions Must I Meet To Rent an Electric Bicycle?
- What Documents Do I Need on the Day of Rental?
- How Old Do I Have To Be To Rent an Electric Bicycle?
- Do I Need To Wear a Helmet?
- What Does the Electric Bicycle Rental Include?
- Do I Need a Credit Card to Rent an Electric Bicycle?
- Do You Require a Deposit To Rent an Electric Bike?
- Reservation, Modification, Cancellation, and No-Show
- How Do I Modify or Cancel a Reservation?
- How Far in Advance Should I Book My Rental Electric Bicycle?
- Is it Easy To Ride an Electric Bicycle?
- Can I Do a Test Ride Before Renting an Electric Bicycle?
- How Do I Charge my Electric Bicycle?
- May I Return the Electric Bicycle Outside of the Store Opening Hours?
- What Happens if I Return the Electric Bicycle Late or in Advance?
- What Happens if My Electric Bicycle Gets Lost, Stolen, or Damaged?
- Liability in Case of Accident
1. What Conditions Must I Meet to Rent an Electric Bicycle?
- Be over 18 years old and provide 2 valid pieces of photo ID. Riders age 18 or over do not require a driver's license to operate an electric bicycle but must show valid government-issued photo ID (driver’s license, health card, passport, etc.) in our stores. In the province of Quebec, our electric bicycles are legally classified as power-assisted bicycles. This means that they are bound by the same laws that apply to traditional bikes, not motorcycles or cars.
- Provide a credit card for a temporary hold (a preauthorization). The preauthorization is $250 per e-bike rental.
- Read and sign all rental documents, including a waiver release.
- Wear a helmet (required by law) and complete a brief pre-ride training course.
2. What Documents Do I Need on the Day of Rental?
You must bring 2 valid pieces of government-issued photo ID (i.e. driving license, health card, passport, etc.) and a credit card for the preauthorization.
3. How Old Do I Have To Be To Rent an Electric Bicycle?
You must be 18 or over and provide 2 valid pieces of photo ID. Riders who are 18 or over do not require a driver's license to operate a electric bike but must show valid government-issued photo ID (driver’s license, health card, passport, etc.) at the point of departure.
4. Do I Need To Wear a Helmet?
Yes, it is required by law.
5. What Does the Electric Bicycle Rental Include?
The rental price includes helmet, lock, map, and directions from our staff. Optional accessories such as child seats are available to rent with an electric bicycle for a small fee. You may reserve the accessory in advance or ask for it when you arrive. Accessories are subject to availability at the time of rental, and may not be available unless reserved in advance.
6. Do I Need a Credit Card to Rent an Electric Bicycle?
Yes. You must provide a credit card for a temporary hold (a preauthorization). The preauthorization is $250 per bike.
7. Do You Require a Deposit To Rent an Electric Bike?
Yes. When you pick up your reservation, we place a $250 hold (preauthorization) on your credit card or debit card. A preauthorization is not a charge, but it places a lockdown on some of your funds. The available balance on your credit card is reduced by the amount of the preauthorization.
8. Reservations, Modifications, Cancellations, and No-Shows
Reservations: Booking can be completed online, by phone, or in person. All bookings must be prepaid, in full (online) or in part (by phone or in person), with a credit card or debit card.
Modifications: We can change your rental date in advance at your request. All modification requests can be completed online, by phone, or in person. You will find our contact details on the Stores page. Remember to provide our staff with the details of your previous reservation. A confirmation of modification will be emailed to you or confirmed over the phone. This confirmation will give the amount of your reimbursement and any amounts charged to your credit/debit card. Credit will be refunded to the card used for payment within 7 business days.
Cancellations: If you cancel more than 24 hours before your scheduled pickup time, we’ll refund the full prepaid amount. If you cancel less than 24 hours beforehand, your payment will not be refunded.
No-Shows: If you are absent at the time of your rental without any prior notice, your payment will not be refunded.
You have up to 3 months after your pickup date to request a refund.
9. How Do I Modify or Cancel a Reservation?
To modify or cancel a reservation, simply phone or email us with the details of your reservation.
10.How Far in Advance Should I Book My Rental Electric Bicycle?
It’s a good idea to book a few days in advance, but you are always welcome, even at the last minute.
11. Is it Easy To Ride an Electric Bicycle?
Extremely. It is almost like riding a traditional bike, just with a motor. We offer free training to get you on the road.
12. Can I Do a Test Ride Before Renting an Electric Bicycle?
Absolutely. You can take a test ride with us anytime you want.
13. How Do I Charge My Electric Bicycle?
A charger is included with every bike rental. Remove the battery and plug it into any socket. Before you leave the store with your rental bike, we’ll show you how it’s done (it’s simple).
14.May I Return the Electric Bicycle Outside of the Store Opening Hours?
Yes, you can. If you return the electric bicycle outside of the store before opening hours, you remain fully responsible for it, though, even if you return the lock keys to our store key box (if available). If you need to return the bicycle after hours, please contact our store to make sure after-hours service is available.
15.What Happens if I Return the Electric Bicycle Late or in Advance?
You agree to return the bicycle at the date and time indicated in the rental agreement. We allow a 29-minute grace period at the end of your rental before a late penalty of 24 hours comes into effect. We do not reimburse the difference for rentals terminated before the time or date indicated in the rental agreement.
16.What Happens if My Electric Bicycle Gets Lost, Stolen, or Damaged?
If your rental bicycle or any component gets lost, stolen, or damaged, you are completely responsible for the loss. In such an event, please inform our staff as soon as possible by telephone or e-mail.
If you have home, credit card, or travel insurance that may pay for the stolen electric bicycle, you will need to request a police report at the local police station. The rental documents explain your responsibility in more detail.
17.Liability in Case of Accident
You should have coverage through your own accident and liability insurance. We are not responsible, under any circumstances, for accidents or damage you cause to yourself, or which you cause to any third party or cases of liability.